DO NOT worry about heart murmurs
Definition of a heart murmur-
A heart murmur is an extra or unusual sound heard during a heartbeat. Murmurs range from very faint to very loud. Sometimes they sound like a whooshing or swishing noise.
Normal heartbeats make a “lub-DUPP” or “lub-DUB” sound. This is the sound of the heart valves closing as blood moves through the heart. Doctors can hear these sounds and heart murmurs using a stethoscope.
The first time I attended ADSC Pirbright I was ready to get it over and done with, meet all the
people in my situation also and maybe gain a few good friends out of it. As soon as you arrive at selection you are shown your room (everyone shares) and you are told to change out of your suits and into fitness clothing to conduct the full medical examination, and when I mean they check EVERYTHING I mean EVERYTHING.
I passed everything they threw at me in the medical… And then it came to the heart checker. I got sent home because I had a suspected heart murmur, I got sent home on Monday and got a doctors appointment the following Wednesday therefore I could get it over and done with and get back on the next selection. When I was on the train back home I rang my recruiter and his exact words were
“Mate, that’s ridiculous. Don’t worry about that at all more than half of the people on most selections will fail first time due to heart murmurs. They’re fucking annoying”. So after hearing his advice to me it’s given me a motivational “boost”.
When I went the the hospital to get my heart checked the doctor even said “I’m not going to bother checking your heart as by these graphs it is perfectly fine! It’s so stupid that they still send people home for that after you travelled all of that way to get there!” which is true, I spent 4 hours getting up there only to get sent home within the first 30 minutes of being there…
Outlook of a heart murmur
A heart murmur isn’t a disease, and most murmurs are harmless. Innocent murmurs don’t cause symptoms. Having one doesn’t require you to limit your physical activity or do anything else special. Although you may have an innocent murmur throughout your life, you won’t need treatment for it.
The outlook and treatment for abnormal heart murmurs depend on the type and severity of the heart problem causing them.
Basically if work out too much, it’s a big possibility that you will have one (that’s what the doctor said) therefore every footballer will defiantly have a heart murmur but ALL of them will be innocent murmurs.
- @Uber_Support Please update me; case still untouched by any useful human interaction....a few DMs since yesterday lunchtime. Nothing! else 2 weeks ago
- @Uber_Support 3 hours since we last spoke on DM...is there someone else? Tell me...I can take it...you damn cheater you. Please get in touch 2 weeks ago
- @Uber_Support Hi - need to contact a driver re: lost phone - you are sending me an sms - so no can login available - can you help connect? 2 weeks ago
- @StuartJamesGNM My demands to have the bridge crossings paid for by the club may be a stumbling block....#smallprint 2 weeks ago
- @StuartJamesGNM I've been asked to attend a meeting in Swansea later Stu.....just saying.....#leftboot 2 weeks ago